28 Mar 2018
Once again, the air is warming up, spring breakers are starting to hit the area, and (aahh-choo!) pollen is falling. That also means is it’s time for Farmers Markets to begin their season of selling the freshest, most local produce available. Some local farmers markets are simply roadside grocery stores, while others include live entertainment, games, food, and crafts.
Charleston area farmers markets are all unique and will remind you again of the truly special community that is the Lowcountry. Come on out and support the local economy, and enjoy some great food while you’re at it!
Charleston Farmers Market
The Charleston Farmers Market is the largest in the area. It has been ranked by Travel & Leisure Magazine as one of the top 10 Farmers Markets in the Nation, and “Best Outdoor Event” and/or "Best Attraction" in the Charleston City Paper for 8 years in a row. Southern Living even listed the Charleston Farmers Market as one of the South's Best Farmers' Markets!
- Open between April 14 - November 24 on Saturdays from 8am - 2pm
- Marion Square, 329 Meeting Street, Downtown Charleston
Johns Island Farmers Market
Stop by the Johns Island Farmers Market for “a one-stop shop for everything on your shopping list” experience.
- Open year-round every Saturday from 10am - 2pm
- 3546 Maybank Highway, Johns Island
A Johns Island staple just off Kiawah, Rosebank Farms has been farmed by the same family since the 18th century.
- Open daily between April - December from 10am - 6pm
- 4362 Betsy Kerrison Parkway, Johns Island
Sunday Brunch Farmers Market
Sunday Brunch Farmers Market is unique in that they offer local produce as well as local artisans goods. They also have food trucks and live music to enjoy!
- Open year-round every Sunday from 11am - 3pm
- 1977 Maybank Highway, James Island (Behind The Pour House)
Stono Market and Tomato Shed Cafe
A local favorite, the Stono Market offers fresh fruits and veggies from Ambrose Family Farm on Wadmalaw Island. They also have a gift shop and cafe that offers a vast and delicious lunch and dinner menu.
- Open year-round
- Store Hours: Monday - Friday (9am - 6pm) and Saturday (9am - 9pm)
- Restaurant Hours: Monday - Saturday; lunch (11am - 2:30pm) and dinner (5pm - 9pm)
- 842 Main Road, Johns Island