5 Feb 2018
What is Guest Education Day?
February 7th is the inaugural Guest Education Day!
With a wide variety of ways to book a vacation rental, Akers Ellis Rentals is partnering with several other vacation rental providers to educate guests on the advantages of bypassing third-party channels. We want to make sure our guests get the best rates available plus we want to provide a stress-free booking atmosphere. Akers Ellis Rentals is committed to excellent customer service, and we want to give our guests the best possible experience from start to finish. We value our guests and want them to know there are so many perks to booking direct.
What Does it Mean to Book Direct?
While shopping for a vacation rental, you may see several companies using the term “book direct.” This means booking straight through the rental management company. This book direct process cuts out the middle man, also known as third-party sites, which disrupts the direct line of communication between the guests and the management company. Booking directly also allows you to avoid the hundreds of dollars added on to your reservation through third-party service fees.
How Do I Book Direct?
Here at Akers Ellis Rentals, we have a mobile-friendly website that makes narrowing down specific details of your rental as simple as possible. Find a unit based on your preferred dates, number of bedrooms needed, location on the island, specific community or private/community pool access. Once you have found the perfect rental, you can book online with just a few clicks. We also have office staff working from 9 a.m. -10 p.m., 7 days per week, including most holidays. Give us a call at (888) 909-8110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org any time to talk about our vacation rental options or to reserve a property. The conversation will end with you having a better understanding of our properties, our company and even Kiawah Island, as we are all local to the area.
What are Third-Party Sites?
Websites like VRBO, HomeAway, Booking.com, Expedia and Airbnb advertise vacation rentals for rental management companies. The truth is, these sites have never even seen the specific property, and odds are, they have never even been to the area either. Not only are these sites not helpful when trying to understand the lay of the land, they also charge guests an extra fee on top of the normal rate. This extra fee can be up to 15% higher than the rate you get when booking direct. That is a large sum of money that could be better spent on items like food, golf, tennis, spa services and beach chair rentals while on vacation.
What are the Advantages to Booking Direct?
The top 7 advantages to booking directly are:
- We make planning your Kiawah Island vacation easy. Vacations should be relaxing. Whether you need equipment rentals or food deliveries, let us take the stress out of planning.
- We have a local, knowledgeable staff. Our staff has over 175 years of combined experience in hospitality and property management, with much of that on Kiawah Island. Need local suggestions for places to eat or things to do? We have you covered!
- We’re committed to excellent customer service. Call or email questions at any time.
- We give you the ability to securely reserve rentals online in minutes.
- No third-party fees with direct bookings!
- No one knows our properties better than us. From one-bedroom villas to large oceanfront homes with room for the whole family, we can help you find the perfect vacation rental for your needs.
- Best rate guarantee on our properties!
Remember to Book Direct!
We hope our guests now feel educated on the advantages of booking directly with Akers Ellis Rentals. If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are happy to help! Again, we highly recommend booking direct to ditch the hidden booking fees and enjoy a relaxing booking experience with our local and knowledgeable reservationists at Akers Ellis Rentals. We value your business and hope to keep our guests as loyal customers for many, many years to come.