7 Oct 2019
Kiawah Island Marathon and Half Marathon
Ready… set… run! The 42nd Annual Kiawah Island Marathon and Half Marathon will be held on Saturday, December 14. Hurry and reserve your spot at the start line to enjoy arguably one of the most beautiful races. The scenic route starts and ends in East Beach and will lead you through gorgeous neighborhoods with glorious views of maritime forests and marshes that Kiawah is so well known for. Whether it’s your first marathon or your 20th, the Kiawah Island Marathon is a one-of-a-kind experience!
1-Mile Fun Run and 5K Glow Run
On Friday, December 13, there will be a 1-Mile Fun Run and 5K Glow Run starting at The Sanctuary beach access. Participants will be able to run through black light bubble and color stations throughout the course. It’s always enjoyable to celebrate the end of the race with a DJ, color party, and prizes! This event a great way to stay loose on your travels and shake out any pre-race jitters. Bring your whole group to this family-friendly event!
Race Tips from Akers Ellis
Several members of team Akers Ellis will be hitting the pavement and participating in the fun. We would love for you to come run with us! Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind for the race.
- Avoid “hitting the wall” by enjoying a reasonably portioned carb dinner the night before. This will help to make sure you don’t run out of energy mid-race.
- Keep hydrated before and during the race!
- Do a test run in your outfit and shoes. This will ensure your comfort on the day of the race.
- Make sure to warm up! A nice little walk or jog from your rental to East Beach is the perfect way to start the day.
- Get plenty of sleep before and after the race in a comfortable Akers Ellis rental.
- Celebrate your victory by enjoying a well-deserved dinner out!
Stay in an Akers Ellis Rental
We still have availability for the race weekend, so hurry and reserve an Akers Ellis vacation rental. Our reservation coordinators are ready to help you select the best rental for your weekend getaway to Kiawah Island! With properties ranging from one-bedroom villas to eight-bedroom private homes, we have something to fit your Kiawah Island Marathon travel needs. Book direct now and save!